Every boat, large or small, which ventures into open water should, as part of its essential equipment, carry storm sails. The primary objective in designing a storm sail is to provide sufficient sail area to maintain handling ability without overpowering the boat in severe conditions. To withstand these conditions, the sail must be made to a high specification using heavy duty materials.
STORM SAIL FEATURES
- Colour coded luff and corner patches
- Specially chosen sail cloth to absorb shock loading
- Heavy duty Molybdenum stainless steel cringles
- Seams cut parallel to leech to withstand shock loading
- Sheet spliced in clew corner if required
- Double width tablings and extra stitching for added strength
We have designed our storm sails incorporating a number of additional safety features to provide added reliability and ease of handling.
- All cruising sails guaranteed for five years
- We listen to your needs
- We have over 60,000 sail plans on record
- Sails are computer designed and laser cut
- Sail numbers and insignia included
- Continued support from our unique after sales service